Final launches credit card to compete with American Express, Chase!
OAKLAND, Calif. - June 20, 2017 - Final (https://getfinal.com), the Oakland-based credit card technology company has publicly launched its first product. Final aims to directly challenge the largest card issuers in the country - according to its CEO Aaron Frank, the company is building an “American Express for the digital era.”
Frustrated by constant card breaches, painful customer support options and the amount of paper their traditional credit cards sent them, the team redesigned the credit card with today’s consumer in mind. Their efforts are already helping to bring an analog product, hampered by limited innovation for decades, into the digital age.
Specifically, Final built a credit card that:
- Offers cardholders the ability to create multiple unique credit card numbers for their account, to help secure merchant relationships and - in the case of a merchant breach - limit the downside pain associated with remembering and replacing “cards on file”
- Has email-first customer support. Today’s digital native consumers live in email. Does anyone really like fighting with IVR phone trees trying to contact their bank?
- Only sends physical cards via paper mail; all other interactions, including support, statements, notifications and more are handled via email or push notification
- Provides 1% cash back, Visa Signature benefits and more, all with $0 Annual Fee1
- Final is open for new applications today at https://signup.getfinal.com
Who is Final?
We’re a company of experts who came together in 2014 to fundamentally re-think the credit card experience. We built technology that people said we were crazy for trying to build, partnered with an incredible bank (First Bank & Trust) to issue cards and are now publicly launching our credit card to U.S. consumers.
Buzzfeed Tech said that Final represents “perhaps the greatest advancement in credit card technology in recent memory” and who are we to disagree…
Final cards are issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings SD, Member FDIC pursuant to a license by Visa U.S.A Inc. | Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa U.S.A. Inc. | 1Terms & Conditions of the Final card can be found at https://signup.getfinal.com#rates